BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 23. 2010


Today starts the journey to raise money for the 2010 Komen San Diego 3-Day for the Cure. All monies raised by people pledging for the pounds I lose between today and November 15th will be donated to the Susan G. Komen 3day. I need to raise a total of $2300.00 to be elligible to walk.

If you do not wish to pledge for the pounds lost but still want to help me raise money for this event please go to http://www.the3day.org/goto/frankiejane.

You may ask why I am doing such a large walk and why I chose this event. My friend and Team capatin of our walking team
"Alaska's Blistering Sole Sisters" mom Jane was diagonsed with breast cancer and until that time I never knew anyone else with breast Cancer. Marlena and her sister Anna were walking in the 3day walk in Arizona that year and the passion and dedication they had for the event was inspiring. I walked in a few smaller walks in Anchorage and the fun and love at these events is intence. Just when I felt like I could not walk a step farther someone with no hair would walk by me and I knew if they could push through I could do it too. Since then I have learned many people I care about have had breast cancer and I learned that not just breast cancer, but Cancer affects all of our lives. If we want to find a cure we all have to do our part. I love to push myself in a lot of ways, but this goal is to physically do something I have never done. I thank my family and friends for their continued support without you I could not make my goals a reality :)

0 comments: